Homepage Penguin 2.0pro
The release of version 2 of the popular web page creator Homepage Penguin written by Matthias Jaap is imminent.
Here are some of the features for you to look forward to:
- flexible home page creation with the Penguin Navigator and the freestyle dialog
- Colour selector with preview
- Font selection
- new dialog: horizontal rules
- BubbleGEM help: A right mouse click on an object and a bubble with a help text pops up. BubbleGEM is a seperate program and only runs in a multitasking environment. The help text can also be displayed without BubbleGEM.
- Drag & Drop support: o.s. which support D&D are able to send a file name to a Penguin dialog. Just drag an object (e.g. the CAB URL button) to a Penguin dialog and drop it there. Drag & Drop is currently only supported by two dialogs: "Links" and "Images".
- CAB protocol: You can visit internet sites directly from the Penguin!
- Penguin protocol: Support for Plug-ins
- Background music including sound options
- Font attributes (bold, italic...)
- detailed (coloured) hyper text
- a help page for every dialog
- language detection for all Atari computers!
- support for "watermark" background images
- Pictures can be resized in their width and/or their height.
- PNG images are recognized in their size.
- Grow-/Shrinkboxes are drawn - the only reason are the excellent Spinboxes of Stewart (utility for MagiC)
- The author name will be also used in the tag (important for WWW search engines)
- Support for Meta information
- MagiC and Geneva/MultiTOS/TOS 4.x 3D look partly supported
- Rainbow colours for headings
- The recognition of paragraphs works even if the line contains only spaces.
- No limit for the text length
- 1st Guide is used to view JPEG and PNG images. The main advantage of the program is that it is small and easy to use.
- support for the smallest possible heading size
- HomePage Penguin is now an OLGA client, too - although only partly.
- Popups replaced some of the listboxes
- HTML preview even with single TOS: Install HP-Penguin as an accessory and start CAB. Every time the page is saved, CAB displays it.
- GEMjing support
- long filenames
- userdefined modes
- save path can be changed after the first save operation (hold and the file selector appears again)
- language can also be changed with an alert box
- Available in: English, German, Swedish, Spanish and French.
There is a support page which is currently only in German. An English translation is due shortly. Point your browser at: www.jaapan.de/en/